BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

10.20.2011

Post #29: Cheddar Biscuits a la Red Lobster

Mr. Pirate and I are not soup people.  I don't think I have ever made soup.  Ever.  The other day, mom sent me home with a giant container of New England clam chowder (her soups are the bomb.com - the only soups I've ever loved!).  Her clam chowder is thick, rich, chunky, and has bacon.  In other words, it's perfect.  These biscuits are just the frosting.  ;)

I made these at dinner time, so no more natural light!  This is the best I could do!  :(


Cheddar Biscuits

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
4 tablespoons cold butter
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3/4 cup cold whole milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder


2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 pinch salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine Bisquick and cold butter. Don't combine too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter about the size of peas.
Add cheddar, milk and 1/4 tsp garlic.
Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.
Drop 9 equal portions onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops are light brown.
Melt 2 tbsp butter in a bowl. Stir in 1/2 tsp garlic powder and parsley flakes.
Use a pastry brush to spread garlic butter over tops of biscuits.

0 comments: